ApE, which is free, a great replacement for DNA Strider, and cross-platform.
Check it out : http://www.biology.utah.edu/jorgensen/wayned/ape/
It is clickable from one Window to another, multi-criterion Enzyme choice, colored, … you name it. It just doesn’t help you to find a cloning strategy, but who cares ?
- Runs in Windows (tested on 98, XP, NT), OS X(10.3, 10.4 and 10.5), and Linux/Unix
- Highlights restriction sites in the editing window
- Accurately reflects Dam/Dcm blocking of enzyme sites
- Highlights text using pre-defined and custom feature libraries
- Shows translation, Tm, %GC, ORF of selected DNA in real-time
- Reads DNA Strider, Fasta, Genbank and EMBL files
- Saves files as DNA Strider-compatible or Genbank file format
- Highlights and draws graphic maps using feature annotations from genbank and embl files
- Directly BLASTs selected sequence at NCBI or wormbase
Thanks for the information provided by Dr.Guillaume Stahl.
Yizhou Joseph He